Monday 5 March 2012

Day 30

Welcome to DAY 30 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

To start the news – I have a weight to share – ermmm well I did – dad called out to mum with it this morning and she wrote it down she said – then this afternoon she has been having a little tidy up – and … well you can guess the rest....sorry!

UPDATE – mums just found the note – I weigh 2lb 7oz now....

Yesterday I was in for a treat!!! Dad had some stuff to do in his shed so he decided I could go with him....

It was amazing to say the least!!!

So much to see and do – is this what they called an adventure park I wonder? Spanners, hammers, saws – it had it all! And what's more, I had free run of it too!

So for a few hours I just toddled back and forth across the workbenches watching dad and of course tormenting and distracting him too lol – well I had to keep him on his toes didn't I? I wouldn't be a nosey young owl if I didn't!

And I have discovered just how I can escape from my box – it might be a big box – but that's not going to stop me, all I need do is jump up and down and the box moves on it's own, it's like magic! Once its moved out from under the wall unit I can do one last big jump and I'm free!!! I never go far though – I'm happy plodding about in the kitchen but if there is a door open it would be pretty silly not to explore wouldn't it? All too soon though I am caught and put back in the box....
I now have a big fascination with feet!

Don't know if its normal but in this house everyone seems to be barefoot – well mum does have her flip flops on all the time but that still pretty much a bare foot isn't it?

When I am on the floor and someone comes walking towards me I cant stop myself – I just have to pounce onto their toes – they generally yelp – not that I hurt them you understand – no, its more that initial shock of my landing there....mind you I do go on to have a good peck of the toes and that is when I am then moved off and they start dancing – bet they don't go to many discos seeing the way the dance at home....

Something else I have taken to is running across the kitchen worktops and coming to rest on the cooker top – always the same ring – heard mum tell dad that when the cooker has been in use I need to be kept away for at least an hour or I will burn my feet...that's a laugh – not me burning my feet – its mum doing cooking!!!

Well I think that is about all for today – you haven't had any news for ages so at least this will keep you going for a day or two...

So until the next time....stay safe....night night.....

Uluka xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment