Friday 2 March 2012

DAy 28


Welcome to DAY 28 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl


Hello...


Yet again the news of my day is pretty much the same but never mind – there are a few piccies to share and some news even though its a long way from exciting!!!


I didn't actually get weighed today as poor Vicky had to go into hospital for some minor surgery so dad had to be up at stupid o'clock to take her which meant he fed me a big mouse when he got up – so it was too late to pop me on the scales once I had eaten....so you should get the update tomorrow....


So leading on from the hospital appointment, it meant that young Layton would be here with us for the day and an overnight stay!


Layton walked through the door, straight over to me box and said WOW!! The owl isn't a baby any more now grandad... so I guess that says it all.....


When dad started to clean out my box he did as he often does – put me on the kitchen worktop so I could do my own thing... mum and Layton had gone out, the 3 big birds were all out in the garden and the dogs were doing what Lurcher's do best – SLEEP!


So I was wandering about – stopping to have a nosey at the kettle, the toaster, the hot water bottle on the side, I bypassed safely the washing up bowl and made my way over to the far side of the kitchen and the microwave...dad had laid his falconry glove in front of the microwave so I casually laid down on it – and went to sleep!!!


 
Once mum and Layton were back I was wide awake and sat up on the glove – so Layton came over and gave me a good fuss up – its really special when a child not yet 4 has such an interest in me...and me of him too!


 
So to unpacking the shopping – and Layton put all the fruit on the side by the microwave – he stood there pinching black grapes and munching away on them so when he dropped one of the side I made my way over to it..... everyone giggled when I started playing football with it... not something you see everyday is it?


 
At teatime mum came into the kitchen and started cooking – Layton came down minutes later – he is never more than a few steps away from his grandma – anyway he looked at my box and then said something to grandma – she laughed and said I was laid down fast asleep – poor Layton said no grandma she's dead and followed it with a slap against the box which startled me into standing upright in seconds – thing it shocked Layton as he shot behind grandmas back!!! I can appreciate its not that interesting for you all to read but it was so funny as it happened!


And now I think I will leave it for tonight....sorry its nothing more but pretty soon you will be inundated with info...promise!

Till tomorrow ..... x …..

No comments:

Post a Comment