Saturday 18 February 2012

Day 15


Welcome to DAY 15 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl


Thanks for dropping by again – I have another treat today so at least have more news to share with you!

We had a visit today from Esta – a friend that came to be when she oohed and cooed over Polly as a baby – she has a few owls of her own – and she came to have a natter with mum!! Don’t know why – but I just didn’t take to her – in fact I was positively awful to her!!! She came in all soft voiced, put her hand in to stroke me and Whoosh – I had it!!!!

Esta did try picking me up but I wasn't having any of it – so I clicked and hissed and flapped and made a real meal of it all till she finally gave in and left me alone!!!

And now for the really good news.... I have a name....Uluka...and below is the meaning of my name and why it was given to me....

In Asia in the Hindu religion, the owl has a complex dualistic symbolism. Its primary role is as a Vahana, a divine vehicle or mount on which a goddess can ride. The deity in question is Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity, and her owl is called ULUKA – pronounced U-LOOK-A”

The info was taken from a book mum bought dad for Christmas called OWL by Desmond Morris – its full of all sorts of info some useful lots no so according to dad!!!

Of course I am a curious owl so when mum decided to take me out of my box and was given the freedom to roam, I had to investigate....so I plodded all over the room until I found the doormat – oh what softness on my feet that was – I could have curled up and slept on it – but mum was quick to shoo me off it – it was a case of play and make the most of been out the box – or get back in it!!

I think I was roaming for around half an hour and mum did take piccies – she was trying to get shots of my lovely new feathers and I do think she managed to get at least one!!!

The daily info for you now....weight 1lb 15 ¼ oz and I have had 7 chicks and 2 mice – I have put on an ounce today. I'm certain dad is keeping a watchful eye on me but to let me have so much food – is it a party I wonder?















Well the day is not far from over so I've added the photos of today and will leave you to enjoy them....
Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment