Sunday 5 February 2012

Day 2


Welcome to DAY 2 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Hello to all my new friends which it seems are spread all around the world – heard mum say she was amazed at how many people had popped in to see my photo and find out what I was all about....I think its pretty exciting – hey am I a celebrity?

I'm watching you watching me!

Last night dad was worried as to where I would be sleeping – there's me thinking I would be in my box...tee hee... anyway he and mum decided I should have my box in mums crafting room so dad put the heat-mat on the worktop and my box on top – it was so warm and comfortable and I soon fell asleep – think mum must have been worried as she popped in to check on my at least 4 times through the night...

Does my bottom look fat like this???

This morning dad took my box with me still sleeping downstairs and moments later mum was ranting on about how the heat-mat had warped her big cutting mat – she wasn’t happy – dad being dad just said not to worry it would soon right itself – she’s not convinced!

Just let me get some shuteye - please....
I produced my first cast in my new home – dad was dead chuffed with it – in fact he hung on to all day long...don’t know why – but it kept him happy...
Whooo a pressie - for me?
I was weighed properly today too and I registered at 1lb 3oz – I know that’s what I was yesterday but dad didn’t log it as he didn’t know how much I had eaten, my cast and other factors – so today’s info is all correct – just in case anyone might be interested!

This afternoon we had visitors – the first was mums friend Paula who had a quick stroke of my head and I lost out to a cup of coffee – great eh? I'm a celeb and she takes the coffee....

The first on many taken by Ann....
Next was Ann – well she actually came bearing gifts for ME! She had made me a little owl soft toy – its lovely – all cosy – and I have been snuggled up to it since she left...Ann loved me – she was snapping away with her camera and I did hear mum say she would like to see the photos....

Ann watched my eat and really was interested in me, my diet and basically I got the feeling she would have stayed there all day watching and photographing me...what I will say though is mum made Ann a cuppa and took it off to the craft room – Ann meanwhile stayed with me – and the cuppa was thrown away.
All in all today so far I have eaten 6 chicks – they have to be cut up for me – I don't have the legs/feet or the yolk sac – dad explained to Ann the sac is all fats so no good for my diet, and I have the feathers\fluff off the chick as that all helps bind together the waste which I bring back in the pellet or cast – they are both the same thing – its a matter of choice what you call it! And I think a mouse too...cant give you any other info as dad isn't in and mum just doesn't get involved in the feeding of me!

Just look at my tiny tongue - bet you missed that cos you were eyeing up my grub!
Oh I just have to share this with you....mum did a little video of me in her kitchen with dad teasing me...well I got the last laugh as I turned with my back to him and did a little poop...bet he cuts it from the video clip! No doubt mum will get her hands on it and upload to you tube... I know you have seen the video dad did when my mum was playing with me...seems to have been a success according to the viewing stats anyway!

Below are lots of the photos taken by Ann - mum wont be adding captions as there really are to many - but if you see a pic you like and have a great caption for it - leave the comment and mum will add the comment and your name next to teh photo and you can have a copy of the photo emailed to you if you would like it











Ok folks, hope you have enjoyed the events of my day....

Thank you for taking an interest – see you tomorrow I hope....

2 comments:

  1. they are all soooooooo qute going to be a proper little strunner
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete