Wednesday 8 February 2012

Day 5


Welcome to DAY 5 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Well what an adventure I have had today....if this is what life with my mum and dad is going to be like – well I'm so pleased I moved here....

This morning dad popped me on the scales – they are actually kitchen scales which he bought when he got his first bird – he has a piece of thick pipe with a disc on the top that is covered with astra turf so its comfy for us birds to be stood on....anyway, he said I weighed in at 1lb 7.5oz today so I am gaining weight nicely – mind you with what I am eating its no wonder – today I have had 4 chicks so far and will have another just before bedtime...

Both mum and dad were shocked when they saw the cast/pellet I produced this afternoon – it was HUGE – like what a full grown bird would produce not something my size – have to say it makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable once that comes back I can tell you.

SO to my adventures....as I was saying I was weighed then while dad was cleaning my box he put me on the worktop in the kitchen along with my owl teddy and one that sort of just appeared in my box....well I wasn't going to just sit there when I had my freedom – so I wandered around that worktop, had a nosey at the kettle and the toaster – pecked at the piece of fruit left out and really did enjoy it all

Then after an hours snooze dad took me up to mums craft room – she just cant leave me alone – so straight away she stopped what she was doing and picked me up for a snuzzle....then sat me gently on the computer desk – at this stage dad walked in the room armed with his video camera – I certainly play up for the camera – here is a link to the video – you can make your own mind up!!!


After the filming was over mum put me on the floor – dad said something about me pooping all over the floor – mum just sniggered and said something about it couldn't possibly hurt the rug – think she was dead right there – it was covered in glitter, paint, glue and all manner of stains from her crafting....

So there I was – walking about – left to come and go as I pleased – heaven!!!
I came across one of mums flip flops so had to have a nosey – wonder if I will get some of my own when I grow big? The “new to me” teddy appeared on the floor then – have to say its not up to much and I'm as happy leaving it to be truthful – then again, once in my box I tend to snuggle down with it as its quite big so I flop all over it.....

I'm pretty sure you will smile when you see some of the photo's – it would seem I sprawl out to sleep – so flat on my tummy with legs stuck out behind me and my face upturned – mum takes piccies and tells dad I look so cute – I listen to it all but keep my eyes closed – cheeky isn’t it? - then that’s me all over – a cheeky baby owl...

And on that note I will say goodnight and leave you with piccies taken through the day and evening today.....















Thank you for taking an interest – see you tomorrow I hope....

x ...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, she'll be a first class typist before you know it!!! lol lol Mx ;)

    ReplyDelete