Tuesday 21 February 2012

Day 18


Welcome to DAY 18 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

It seems to be getting later and later that you are getting to read of my days happenings – sorry – it just seems there aren't enough hours in the day to fit everything in – and I suppose that because you get my daily stats it has to be done in the evening – or maybe I could do it in the morning with stats from the day before....

But for now – this is what I've done today – Tuesday 21st February 2012...

As is normal, I was stood on the scales first thing this morning – what I didn't expect was for the camera to come out – mum came through and began snapping away so I'm hoping she managed to get at least one decent photo!!!

May as well share the stats before I move on....I weighed in at
2lb 2.1/8th that's another of those weird weights that looks wrong when written on a pc – sorry!! And by the time the lights go out I will have had 7 chicks....

Both mum and dad were out and about doing their own things today so I was home alone for some time – but once dad was back he got me out my box to play.....

I was on the floor in the dining room – oh how I love that freedom – I can run around and just plonk where it suits me....and I quite liked the look of the perch that Gizmo the Tawny Owl using when he is indoors – dad managed to take some piccies of my high jacking his frame – sshhhh just don't tell Gizmo!!!

And my main treat of the day was when dad put me on the glove – and took me out into the big wide world! He walked around in the street with me balancing on that glove for all I was worth – every ounce of concentration was needed on my part as the wind was blowing – as you people don't have feathers you wont appreciate just how drafty it was – and I was in constant fear of being blown off that glove!

I breathed a huge sigh of relief once we were back home...

Cant say I was happy when dad looked at me and said I was a good girl and we would do it all again tomorrow....

If we all keep everything crossed – he may well forget....somehow though, I doubt he will.....

And then it back to the safety of the cosy little box I call home...

Right then that's all for today folks – just the piccies for you to look through!!!!













Till next time....night....x....

No comments:

Post a Comment