Saturday 11 February 2012

Day 8


Welcome to DAY 8 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Well today really has been a day and half.... I have loads to tell you but first things first


It is a week since I reached my new home...doesn't time fly? In that week I have seen people who have come to the house just to see me, so many strokes, fusses, and photographs galore......every day the flash goes off time and again....but I'm not complaining – far from it – I just love all the attention and hope it will continue once I am fully grown...

The stats for the day – I was weighed this morning and registered 1lb 10oz exactly, I produced a monster sized cast mid morning and by the end of the day I will have had 6 chicks and a mouse!!!






So now to the events of the day....

I was taken to Prison! HM PRISON WOLDS to be exact....

Dad and his pal Graham were invited to go along and give a talk to the in-mates followed by a flying display – so naturally I was one of the chosen few to go along – there was also Polly the Barn Owl and Casper – Graham's Harris Hawk

Well the in-mates loved me – they asked a million and one questions and it would seem just couldn't get enough info about me and the other birds, they got to hold us, stroke us, feed me and I really enjoyed it! I did hear a conversation where one particular guy doesn't mix and keeps himself to himself yet today he spent a long time chatting to dad and asking all sorts of questions....

After the initial meeting of birds, getting to know us and all about us we were all let loose in the main hall to do a flying display of sorts – when I saw we – I mean the other two birds flew while I just looked on – truth be told I think I make have dozen throughout their flying....but I do know it was a hit!!!

All too soon it was over and time to come home again....I was glad to be home though as it was so cold outside I couldn't wait for my heat mat....

Since getting back around 4.30pm I have done nothing but sleep so mum has had to make do with the few piccies she got when I was first home....





I do hope there will be more great adventures for me.... I love em.....

See you tomorrow I hope

...x...x...x...x...

No comments:

Post a Comment