Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 6


Welcome to DAY 6 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Good evening everyone....so pleased you decided to call by again...nice seeing you!

This morning as usual dad was getting me ready to clean out my box – so he stood me on the scales and announced I had gained weight again and now weigh 1lb 8oz - by the chicks are right tasty here in Hull – I'll soon be looking like a barrel!

So after the weighing in was sorted dad popped me into the stainless steel dog dish – he has done this every time he's cleaned me out – only today I decided I really didn't want to be in that dish so calmly stood up and stepped out of it....dad's face really was a picture!!!

Because its been so cold again I have spent almost all day on the heat mat – oh what luxury I can tell you...who wouldn't want the chance to sprawl out on a nice warm bed uninterrupted for the day? Mum and dad pop their hand in to give me a stroke now and again which is lovely – oh and the dogs poke their wet and cold nose in when my box is on their bed – its fun seeing them jump away when I go to peck at their noses....bet they wont come anywhere near my box in a few weeks time when I am double the size I am now....

Cos mums been out all afternoon today she didn't get any piccies of me – and dad just doesn't think to take any – typical man I say.... anyway mum said she wanted some for today's blog so dad took me into the kitchen and put me on the kitchen worktop for the photos – mind you if you saw the state of my box you would understand why I couldn't have the piccies taken in their – I just love it when dad puts my fresh bedding in for me – its kitchen roll on the bottom then he sprinkles wood bases cat litter on it – and I just love to grab the corner of the kitchen roll and pull it – then shred it!!! Oh what fun I have …

So before I go for today for those who take an interest in me and my growth etc. – I will have had 6 chicks and 1 mouse by bedtime,....

And on that note I will say goodnight and leave you with piccies taken this evening.....














Thank you for taking an interest – see you tomorrow I hope....

x ...




No comments:

Post a Comment