Monday 6 February 2012

Day 3


Welcome to DAY 3 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Think dad decided there is only so much nagging a man can take regarding how he damaged a cutting mat – so he had the heat mat all set up in the kitchen last night for me – he wasn't taking any chances though cos he actually put it on a towel...wise move I should think – at least he didn't get in trouble for it!

Once dad was all organised he took me out the box so it could be cleaned and sorted – and I was put on the scales while he did it – he did shout up and tell mum I weighed 1lb 5oz today – so I've gained a whole 2 oz in just 24 hours – mind you with what I eat there's little wonder really

Talking of food – by the time I am put to bed tonight I will have had 6 chicks and 2 mice and I tried so hard to eat the orange things that seemed to be everywhere I looked – one is my lovely warm and soft owl that Ann kindly made for me and the other thing was something dad kept rolling at me when I was loose in the kitchen – and I know it was food cos once dad piked me up mum claimed the orange thing and ate it – she didn't even offer me a bit!

I have laid out in my box and wondered if I will always have to have my photograph taken...I just seem to get myself comfy and someone comes along and sticks a camera in my box – and those flashes – boy do they catch you unawares! These people need to remember one day I will be a huge creature and I just know they wont dare get so close then....

Nothing much else to tell you folks so will leave you to browse some of today's photographs!


You can clearly see how my feathers are beginning to form - really wont be too long before they are fully formed and beautiful!



Mmmm is this food? Should I risk trying it....maybe later





Cor blimey - have you seen the size of my feet? I know it looks like I have no control over them, but believe me, I HAVE!



Me and my snuggle partner - thanks Ann x


Thank you for taking an interest – see you tomorrow I hope....

1 comment: