Sunday 12 February 2012

Day 9


Welcome to DAY 9 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Today I tipped the scales at 1lb 11oz so again I have gained a full ounce! And I am expecting to gain more when I am weighed in the morning as I have had 7 chicks as well as a mouse....

And talking of the mouse – I actually ate it whole today for the first time – and for anyone who knows about the sizes of mice this was a medium mouse – which I believe is the 4th size up! It is pinkie, fuzzie, small, meduim then large - mmm or is it fuzzie then pinkie....????

Dad used to stand me in the metal dog bowl while he cleaned out my box – but I have grown so much I was stepping out of it as soon as he put me in it – so I have now been going in a washing up bowl – but today I stepped out of that too!!! I have been trying – without success I must add – to step out of my box all day long! I did hear mum and dad talking about it but dad said as soon as I do it the first time he will be bringing out the BIG box – I dread to think what that will be like!

If you have taken notice of the photographs mum posts daily you will have noticed just how much I am growing by the day and how my fluff is changing to feathers now....




On day 2 which was 5th February dad did a video of mum with me in the kitchen – you could see me stood against the kettle – I was a few inches shorted than it – today I was stood by the kettle and I am around 4 inches taller than it – so if you look at your own jug kettle and add 4 inches you get a good idea of my size.

The photographs that have been taken today are a little different in that some of them show my feathers showing through and also just how chunky my legs are and my big feet!!! Mum and dad just thought you might be interested in such photographs instead of the usual ones.... but there's plenty of those too.... today they were taken while I was on the floor in the dining room – I think dad has decided I need to start holding myself and the best way is to let me on the floor – have to say I really enjoyed wandering around in such a big space....but I was still relieved to get back to my box and the heat lamp....

I hear mum all the time talk about “summer” and how she hopes its a long hot one...not so sure what it might be but if its a hot one then I'm all for it....I just don't like the cold....

Well there isn't much more to tell you all today so as is normal now I will love ya and leave ya with today's photographs and look forward to any questions or comments













Bye for now

x

No comments:

Post a Comment