Friday 10 February 2012

Day 7


Welcome to DAY 7 of the day to day living of our beautiful baby Bengal Eagle Owl

Hi there – welcome – thanks for dropping in again to read today's instalment

Lets start with the basics which I hope you find of interest and if you don't – sorry but I will still tell you all anyway! My weight was 1lb 91/4 oz today so I am gaining at a good pace really – mind you as a female it wont be long before I hit the scales and scream I need to lose some weight....until then – bring on the chicks!!!

Talking of food and especially chicks, I haven't had such a good appetite today but then at the time of writing – almost 10pm, I still hadn't produced a cast so its not surprising really...

I have been on and off that heat mat throughout the day – lucky me – and then since around teatime I have been in the room with mum and dad so had the heat light above me – I just love been in that room and every few minutes – when I'm awake that is – I stand up to see if mum and dad are watching me,... and they are usually!! Yep – I'm the star of the show

Mum thought me so amusing when I decided to have a fight with my stuffed owl – I love that toy you know – I lay all over it as can been seen in the photos – and today I have taken to picking it up and tossing it around my box – mum got a photo of me just as I jumped up and landed on the owl ...I'm a born hunter don't you think?

Have to share a secret with you all now – mum has been hanging around with her camera waiting to get a photo of me with my wings spread – I hear her telling dad she wont give up – so I wait till I know she is doing something – then I stand tall and really out stretch my wings – I hear mum mumbling about the stupid camera and how slow it is – then just as its ready to shoot – I drop my wings – its so funny – although listening to mum its not for her....

So this evening I waited till she was all set with the camera, slowly stood up, half turned then S T R E T C H E D my wings and she got a photo – she was whooping with joy I can tell you...s just hope it turned out ok cos you and I know mum just cant take photo's can she??? If you look at the photo you can see all the quills quite clearly - I know mum is trying hard to get a decent photo of my newly developed beautiful feathers - she says they just appear from nowhere and without any warning!!!  Please comment on this photo - I know mum loves to hear what you all think about us!


Other than that there's nowt else to share with you..I know you need to know exactly what I have eaten so will fill the gap later after I have my last food for the day...














That's the lot then folks – take care – stay warm – and see you tomorrow – same time – same place!

x

3 comments:

  1. Crumbs he seems to have it in for the stuffed owl doesn't she!
    Love the photo of her wings out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!! :)
    Mx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pic's Angie carnt wait to see to se him/her when all the feather's are out xx

    ReplyDelete